What is KidSport?
KidSport enables Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances. Eligible youth aged 5–18 years can apply for financial assistance to contribute towards club fees. Each individual club (e.g. basketball, netball) needs to register for Kidsport – The Shire of Pingelly’s KidSport Officer can help you with this.
Parents must bring their application form to the KidSport Officer at the Shire of Pingelly, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm to be approved along with their valid health care card/pensioner concessioner card to be photocopied. We will then enter the required details into the system and process the applications with the voucher to be returned to the parent to take back to the club. The club will then need to send an invoice to the Shire of Pingelly for payment.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years.
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card, or be referred by a recognised referral agent (local government discretion if recognised).
- Applicants primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to.
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other related costs as identified by the club such as uniforms).
- Maximum of up to $200 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- No retrospective fees will be paid.
- No limitation to number of applications per family as long as criteria is met.
To utilise KidSport, whether you are applying for a voucher, registering your club for KidSport or applying to be a referral agent, the KidSport Website is easy to navigate and is user friendly, just visit http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/funding/individuals/kidsport and follow the prompts. Alternatively come into the Shire of Pingelly and meet with our local KidSport Officer who can help assist you with any questions, provide up to date information and process applications. Our KidSport Officer can also be contacted on (08) 9887 1066.