Frequently Asked Questions

Asbestos Disposal

Please arrange to wrap the asbestos sheeting in black plastic and seal it close with tape prior transporting to  the Pingelly Waste Facility.  A fee is required prior to taking it to the Waste Facility which can be paid a the Shire Office between 8:30am  – 4:30pm Monday to Friday.

Please contact the Shire of Pingelly Works Supervisor on 0429 887 106  after payment has be made  so a  time can be arranged for a staff member to meet you on site to assist in unloading and  burial of the asbestos.

Australian Citizenship

For all Citizenship enquiries please contact the Department of Home Affairs on 131 881 or click here. Once you have filled out the paperwork the Department will contact the Shire about holding your ceremony.  Ceremonies are held on the third Wednesday of the month prior to the Shire's Council Meeting.  â€‹Information regarding the process and timelines of your application and your ceremony allocations are only available through the Department of Home Affairs.  We are happy to answer any ceremony-related questions you may have.

Dividing Fences

For additional information on dividing fences click here or contact the Department of Commerce Building Commission on 1300 489 099.